Marketing Concentration (BBA)
Business administration major—marketing
A company could have the best product in the world, but without a marketing plan, even a five-star item can fail. With Hamline's marketing concentration, you'll learn the diversity of ways people perceive and satisfy their needs, develop products and services to fill that need, and spark awareness and interest in your target audiences. We prepare our graduates to contribute to the corporate, entrepreneurial, nonprofit, and public sectors with a broad range of tools developed in the classroom and in hands-on internships.
Internships for marketing students
We make sure you leave Hamline with hands-on marketing experience on your resume—and the opportunities are boundless. Whether you want to explore a career in social media management, consumer data analysis, audience outreach, or beyond, we have internship opportunities for you.
Examples of past marketing concentration student internships include:
- Better Business Bureau, advertising review intern
- Jonny Pops, marketing intern
- Minnesota Children's Museum, integrated marketing video intern
- Minnesota Zoo Foundation, recreation management intern
- Mountain Sky Guest Ranch, marketing intern
- Retailigence, marketing intern
- Inter-Enlace, marketing intern
- Rubicon Mortgage Advisors, marketing intern
- Small Business Digital Marketing, marketing and event production manager
- YouthCare/Camp Sunrise, special events intern
- Driven Dreams Media, marketing assistant intern
- Lake Life Hospitality, intern
- Two Men and a Truck, marketing intern
Explore career paths
Our innovative courses and one-on-one mentoring by faculty will give you the tools to succeed in a variety of jobs, such as:
- Social media manager
- Graphic designer
- Lead copywriter
- Digital organizer
- Communications officer
You can also put your degree to work in any number of fields, including:
- Public relations
- Quality assurance
- Production management
- Commercial advertising
- Real estate
- Operations research
- Copywriting and content creation
Why study marketing at Hamline?
Better prepare for your career with our mentor program
With Hamline's career mentor program, you'll graduate with advanced career preparation after working one-on-one with your personal senior executive mentor to plan your career and learn what you need to impress hiring managers and recruiters.
Explore the Bachelor of Business Administration
Hamline’s Business Administration (BBA) degree encompasses a wide range of instruction and skill-building designed to make you a leader in today’s ever-changing business landscape. Find out more about our major in Business Administration.
Other Business Administration concentration areas:
Undergraduate Admission651-523-2207 (office)800-753-9753 (toll-free)651-523-2458 (fax)
School of Business
Looking for faculty?