Finance Concentration (BBA)
With your finance degree, you'll develop new ways of understanding the web of relationships that exist within and between an organization's financial management, the investment community, and money and capital markets. We designed our courses to equip you with the financial tools you need to become a discerning and effective decision maker—whether you pursue a career in banking, insurance, corporate finance, international finance, risk management, governmental regulation, financial planning, public finance, investments, fundraising, investment banking, or beyond.
Internships for finance students
We make sure you leave Hamline with hands-on finance experience on your resume—and the opportunities are boundless. Whether you want to explore a career in banking, investing, personal financial management, or beyond, we have internship opportunities for you.
Examples of past finance concentration student internships include:
- Adecco Vietnam, standard chartered bank project intern
- Ditech Financial, LLC, operational control analyst
- Prepare + Prosper, financial advocate
- ProHybrid, administrative assistant
- Schmitt Music, finance and management intern
- Charter Solutions, delivery coordinator intern
- Tierney and Trox, accounting internship
- Snowbank Lodge and Outfitters, financial assistant
- Bremer Bank, internal auditor
- AmeriSave Wholesale Mortgage Solutions, intern
- Land O'Lakes, Inc., finance intern
Explore career paths
Our innovative courses and one-on-one mentoring by faculty will give you the tools to succeed in a variety of jobs, such as:
- Financial advisor
- Chief financial officer
- Insurance agent
- Hedge fund manager
- City planner
- Trade specialist
You can also put your degree to work in any number of fields, including:
- Business and financial analysis
- Foreign trade analysis
- Public administration
- Urban planning
- Credit lending
- Banking operations
- Hospital management
- Healthcare analysis
- Transportation management
- Nonprofit management
- Securities sales and research
Why study finance at Hamline?
Better prepare for your career with our mentor program
With Hamline's career mentor program, you'll graduate with advanced career preparation after working one-on-one with your personal senior executive mentor to plan your career and learn what you need to impress hiring managers and recruiters.
Explore the Bachelor of Business Administration
Hamline’s Business Administration (BBA) degree encompasses a wide range of instruction and skill-building designed to make you a leader in today’s ever-changing business landscape. Find out more about our major in Business Administration.
Other Business Administration concentration areas:
Undergraduate Admission651-523-2207 (office)800-753-9753 (toll-free)651-523-2458 (fax)
School of Business
Looking for faculty?