Business Analytics Concentration (BBA)
Business analysts use their well-developed understanding of markets and economics to solve problems using quantitative models. In this concentration, you'll become an expert in quantitative modeling and resolving data management concerns. You'll apply mathematical models and data management techniques to businesses' operations to improve their decision making capabilities and boost their bottom lines. Business analytics also includes the development of skills in computer programming and software applications to analyze data in a variety of contexts.
Internships for business analytics students
We make sure you leave Hamline with hands-on business analytics experience on your resume—and the opportunities are boundless. Whether you want to explore a career in management, data science, information technology, or beyond, we have internship opportunities for you.
Examples of past business analytics concentration student internships include:
- Inside Edge, data procurement intern
- Skyhawks, business analyst intern
- Better Business Bureau, market research intern
- Graco Inc., purchasing intern
- General Mills, business analyst intern
- Hamline University Marketing Analytics Clinic, analytics associate
- Find Your Power, social media and marketing intern
- Sezzle Business, analyst intern
- UnitedHealth Group, business analyst intern
Explore career paths
Our innovative courses and one-on-one mentoring by faculty will give you the tools to succeed in a variety of jobs, such as:
- Financial analyst, Kurita America
- Product manager, Sezzle
- Sourcing analyst, General Mills
- Business analysis associate, Turnberry Solutions
- Associate business systems analyst, UnitedHealth Group
- Executive analyst, Centerspace
- Data analyst, Henry's Foods Inc.
- DX product coordinator, Legrand AV
- Application developer and analyst, US Bank
You can also put your degree to work in any number of fields, including:
- Data science
- Quantitative and financial analysis
- Operations research analysis
- Market research
- Fraud detection
- Database administration
- Information technology
- Experiment design
- Predictive analysis
- Manufacturing design
- Applied statistics
- Commercial underwriting
Why study business analytics at Hamline?
Better prepare for your career with our mentor program
With Hamline's career mentor program, you'll graduate with advanced career preparation after working one-on-one with your personal senior executive mentor to plan your career and learn what you need to impress hiring managers and recruiters.
Explore the Bachelor of Business Administration
Hamline’s Business Administration (BBA) degree encompasses a wide range of instruction and skill-building designed to make you a leader in today’s ever-changing business landscape.
Add a complementary minor to enhance your career
Stand out from the crowd and learn the skills necessary to thrive in any career with one of Hamline's interdisciplinary minors.
Business practice minor
Our minor in business practice gives non-business majors a foundational knowledge of businesses' critical functions, and the analytical tools to support them.
Data visualization minor
Learn to generate data visualizations using a broad array of software applications and programming languages, while exploring the ethical considerations.
Economic analysis minor
Build an interdisciplinary toolkit with select economics courses that will enhance your talents in another field.
School of Business
Looking for faculty?