A group of high school students interacting in a classroom

Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program (PSEO)

College-level courses for high school students

Are you an ambitious student who wants to learn at a more advanced level? The Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program (PSEO) at Hamline University is designed to allow qualified junior and senior high school students to broaden their educational backgrounds through college-level courses. PSEO courses can be taken for both high school and college credit, saving you time and money.

Hamline is a competitive college and admission to the PSEO is selective, but this one-of-a-kind experience will give you a glimpse into real college academic life. If you’re interested in applying, speak with your parents or counselor to strategically choose courses that spark your interests while fitting into your high school curriculum.

Whether you’re a prospective or admitted student, you can explore our available courses by viewing the course listing spreadsheets on the registration page. Please email pseo@hamline.edu or call 651-523-2207 with any questions.

Application deadlines

Admission term Deadline Decisions
Fall 2023 June 1, 2023 July 7, 2023
Spring 2024 November 15, 2023 December 13, 2023

PSEO application process

Students applying for their first term as PSEO students at Hamline must submit a complete application for admission consideration.

Course credits and transcripts

Students admitted to the PSEO can receive dual credit. Completing a PSEO course may fulfill high school graduation requirements and help you earn college credits, too. The cost of tuition, books, and required materials for courses taken through the PSEO program will be paid by the Minnesota Department of Children, Families and Learning. The cost of courses taken for college credit, separate from the PSEO program, must be paid by the student.

Transferring credits

Courses for high school credit taken through the PSEO will automatically become college credits if you go to Hamline University. You can also submit your Hamline courses to be considered for transfer credit at other colleges.

Official transcripts

An official transcript will be mailed at the end of the term to the reported high school guidance office for school records. To learn how to request additional official transcripts, request a transcript on our website.

Contact information