Undergraduate Student Visits
First-year and transfer student visit options
Come visit Hamline in person and get to know our campus!
- Schedule an on-campus individual visit to meet our staff and student ambassadors
- Book a virtual meeting with an admission counselor
- Attend one of our admission and visit events (see our list below), we have something for everyone
- Explore our campus through our virtual campus tour, which can be accessed anytime
If you have questions about your visit or would like to schedule a visit over the phone, please call our Hamline Experience Coordinator at 651-523-2014.
Schedule an on-campus or virtual individualized visit
Individual on-campus visit
Get a closer look with an in-person, on-campus, individual visit. Bring up to two guests and enjoy a guided, full-campus tour.
Hamline Firsts: An event for high school seniors
Saturday, December 2 ❘ 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
If you're a high school senior and the first in your family to attend college, Hamline is the place for you. We have organized an event for you, your family, and your mentors. Join us, and you'll:
- Learn more about the college admission process
- Hear about Hamline from a panel of first-generation college students
- Get more information about scholarships and financial aid
- Discover why so many first-generation college-goers choose Hamline
Transfer student virtual information sessions
December 5, 2023 or January 18, 2024 ❘ 3–4 p.m.
Get to know Hamline at these virtual information sessions designed for those interested in transferring to Hamline. Learn about:
- How Hamline makes the transfer credit process easy
- Transfer student scholarships and financial aid
- Why Hamline is known for the outstanding support it provides to our transfer students
Just for Juniors: Learn about the college admission process
Saturday, February 17 or May 4, 2024 | 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
If you're a high school junior, join us to get expert advice on the college admission process. No matter where you are in your journey to find the right college for you, we'll provide you with guidance on how to:
- Effortlessly navigate the college admissions process
- Write a compelling college essay
- Successfully apply for scholarships and other financial aid
In addition, we will also show you why Hamline is ranked the #1 Regional University and the #1 Best Value Regional University in Minnesota.
Note: Registration for the May 4th event will open after the February 17th event.
Presidents' Day Visit Event: For high school seniors
Monday, February 19, 2024 ❘ 10:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Join us on Presidents' Day to explore what makes life at Hamline special. There's something for you, no matter what questions you have.
- Take a campus tour with a current Hamline student and get insights into what life is like as a Piper
- Tour our residence halls and explore why living on campus is a great option
- Get your questions about financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans, and student employment) answered
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch and visit with Hamline faculty and students
Registration opens in January, check back soon!
Transfer Visit Day
Monday, February 19, 2024 | 1 p.m.– 3:15 p.m.
Thinking about transferring to Hamline? Join us for Transfer Visit Day on Monday, February 19 and you'll:
- Learn about our credit transfer process
- Hear from transfer students about their experiences
- Tour campus and sit in on a class
- Meet with your admission counselor and get your transcripts evaluated
Admitted Student Days
Saturday, April 6 or April 20, 2024 ❘ 9 a.m.
Join us on a Saturday in April to really experience what it would be like to be a Piper. You deserve the right fit so spend time with us and find your place to belong.
- Meet other students, like you, who are admitted to Hamline and get to know your future classmates
- Gain an in-depth understanding of what makes a Hamline degree stand apart and how you'll graduate prepared for your career
- Hear from current students about what life at Hamline is all about in—and out—of the classroom
- Get a special Hamline gift
Directions and accommodations
The Office of Undergraduate Admission is located at the corner of Hewitt Avenue and Snelling Avenue at 833 Snelling Ave. N., Saint Paul, MN 55104. Visitor parking is available in the lot directly behind the Admission House.
For more information about how to get to Hamline and a campus map, please visit our location and maps page.
Visiting from out of town? We have a list of nearby hotels to help you plan your trip.
Virtual campus tour
Explore campus through our interactive virtual tour by clicking into the panel below. Once there, you can select from a number of major locations using the left-hand panel, or simply follow along with our audio guide. Be sure to check out the Anderson Center, a central meetup spot for students and faculty that’s a magnificent, eco-friendly work of architecture.
Start your application
No matter what kind of student you are, you’ll find everything you need to get started on your application.