MSBA Business Analytics | Master of Science
Get ahead with a MSBA degree
Hamline's master of science in business analytics enables you to effectively analyze, interpret, organize, and communicate data in a clear and succinct manner, and turn that data into key actionable information for your business leaders.
Be the driver behind data-driven decisions by:
- Building a solid foundation in modeling “big data analytics” and information governance, and understanding the ethics behind data use
- Diving into techniques of analyzing data—such as machine learning—and applying practical solutions to real business problems
- Understanding the business behind the data, applying your analysis to actionable applications, and presenting your findings in meaningful ways
What will it take?
MSBA degree program details
Start dates and deadlines
We review applications on a rolling basis, meaning that you can apply and start your MSBA degree at two separate times throughout the year. However, those that apply by the priority deadline for that term are guaranteed a decision and get prioritized for scholarships.
Priority application deadlines:
- August 1 to start fall term
- December 1 to start spring term
Online master of science in business analytics
The majority of Hamline's MSBA degree is online, with each course having only two in-person classes per term. This hybrid program provides the flexibility of an online program with the community of an on-campus experience. You'll be able to network with professors and peers without sacrificing your schedule.
The in-person classes take place on Fridays from 3-8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
MSBA time to complete
You decide your pace and can graduate in as few as 24 months by taking just 8 courses. Or, you can take classes at a slower pace if needed.
Master of science in business analytics courses
You’ll finish your MSBA degree in eight courses.
The core of the master of science business analytics is made up of eight courses:
- MSBA 8100 - Statistical Foundations of Business Analytics
- MSBA 8110 - Databases
- MSBA 8125 - Principles of Data Analytics
- Programming for Data Analytics
- MSBA 8150 - Data Visualization
- MSBA 8170 - Machine Learning I
- MSBA 8180 - Machine Learning II
- MSBA 8490 - Business Analytics Practicum
A promising career outlook
of corporate recruiters and staffing firms that plan to actively hire recent MSBA grads (Article)
Median starting salary for new MSBA hires in the US as of 2021 (Article)
The amount that the US Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that data analytics and science field will grow by 28% (Article)
How we help make your MSBA degree affordable
When you invest in a master of science in business analytics from Hamline, you benefit from a prestigious degree from Minnesota's first university. We work hard to ensure our tuition, accompanied by scholarships, tuition discounts, and other financial aid, is a worthwhile investment for all students.
Generous financial aid
In addition to the tuition discounts listed below, additional financial aid is also available and most students use low-interest loans to finance their education.
- Learning partnership discounts
- Service scholarships
- Alumni discounts
Tuition discounts of 10% off tuition are available to eligible students.
We’re here to help
Career planning support
You don’t have to navigate your career on your own. Beginning with orientation, our career advisor will guide you in developing your own individual career plan that will best meet your professional goals.
School of Business