Student Activities and Leadership Development
What’s happening at Hamline?
Looking for something to do after class? Don't know what to do on the weekends? You're in luck!
At Hamline, something is always happening. You can join a student organization, watch an athletics game, attend a diversity session, engage in professional development, explore your spirituality, or just meet up at the Bishop's Bistro for lunch.
See what’s going on at Hamline
Student clubs host all kinds of events on campus! Stay up-to-date on campus happenings by checking the student club portal.
More events at Hamline
During the first week of classes, the Hamline University Programming Board (HUPB) hosts Fall Welcome Week, a series of fun events that give students the opportunity to get together, make friends, and build community. The week culminates in the Welcome Back Block Party, an outdoor event featuring food trucks, inflatables, lawn games, and more.
Homecoming Week isn't just for alumni; it's the time when current students go the extra mile to show their school spirit and celebrate the Hamline community. Highlights include the annual lip sync competition, the crowning of Homecoming Royalty, and the Homecoming football game, to name a few.
Check back for details coming late summer.
Bring your family and friends to campus for our annual Family and Friends Weekend. Taking place every fall, this weekend of events is a great chance for the families and friends of students to get a taste of life at Hamline.
Fireball is Hamline’s annual off-campus, semi-formal dance. Every March, students get dressed up, load the buses, and enjoy a night on the town with appetizers, a DJ, and dancing. The location changes annually; past venues include the Machine Shop and Nicollet Island Pavilion.
Student Activities and Leadership Development annually recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of the Hamline community at the Student Activities Awards. Awards are presented to students, student groups, and advisors who have demonstrated a significant commitment to improving our university.
As Hamline navigates the COVID-19 crisis, we continue to look for ways to keep students engaged, connected, and entertained from the comfort of home. Follow the Hamline University Programming Board on Hamline University Programming Board on Instagram for updates on upcoming virtual events and programs, and check out a variety of on-demand options below!
All Hamline students, staff, and faculty have free access to video conferencing with Google Meet. This provides a great way to hold meetings, coffee dates, and game nights with your friends!
Health and wellness
- Find a variety of resources from Hamline Campus Recreation on Instagram
- Follow Planet Fitness on Facebook for live-streamed daily workouts
- Check out CorePower Yoga’s on-demand classes, with a new collection of free classes added every week
- Find peace and relaxation with a guided meditation (YouTube)
Music, art, and film
- Host a Netflix party for your family or friends
- Have a long-distance movie night with Gaze.com
- Watch a Broadway play or musical from playbill.com
- Make a collaborative playlist on Spotify with your friends
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the The Met's "Color Our Collections" campaign
Browse the library of games on Board Game Arena and create a room with your friends.
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- Museums of the World
- British Museum—History Connected Project
- See Ellis Island on Scholastic.com
- Tour Colonial Williamsburg on YouTube
- Tour England on YouTube
- Virtual tour of Yellowstone National Park (NPS.gov)
- Great Wall of China
- Explore Pompeii in Google Maps
- Explore the surface of Mars
- Keith Haring Exhibit