New First-Year Student Class Registration
Students entering Hamline University in the fall as first-year students will register during Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR).
CASA professional advisors, faculty advisors, and Hamline staff will be available at SOAR to help you choose your classes and answer questions.
The first registration day for students enrolling in the fall semester is June 21. For spring, the first day of registration is on November 16.
Take the following steps to ensure a successful registration:
- Register for a SOAR session.
- Read and complete the pre-registration steps outlined in the first-year student orientation and registration guide (PDF) and checklist (PDF) included in the registration packet that is sent to all new first-year students.
- Review the First Year Seminar course description. All new first-year students are required to take a First Year Seminar. The instructor serves as your academic advisor, and all students in the class are also first-year students.
- Download a copy of the first-year student registration worksheet (PDF).
- Familiarize yourself with the resources listed on our current student resources page.
- Review CASA's frequently asked questions.
Once you submit your registration via Hamline Workday Student, CASA will review your course selections. If we have questions or concerns, we will call and email you. Alternatively, if your course selections look appropriate, we will email you and tell you that your registration is complete. Once your registration is complete, a “registration hold” is placed on your schedule. Once in place, you may make schedule changes by contacting CASA.
Please contact us if you have any questions, and welcome to Hamline!