Center for Academic Success and Achievement
Academic advisors can address questions and help students make informed decisions regarding registration, graduation, career planning, major selection, university and academic policies, and making connections to the right offices and services. We also support faculty advisors in addressing students’ needs. If you are unsure where to go, advising is a great place to start.
Who is my advisor?
You can find your advisor's name and contact information in Workday.
- New first years: Your first year seminar instructor will serve as your advisor until you declare a major. Then, you will be reassigned to an advisor in your major.
- New transfers: You will be assigned to a faculty advisor in the major you indicated on your Hamline application. Undecided transfers are assigned to an advisor in the Center for Academic Success and Achievement.
Meet with a CASA advisor
Appointments are required to meet with a CASA advisor. Same-day appointments are reserved for students who wish to set up a leave of absence, are considering withdrawing from Hamline, or have a time-sensitive matter.
Schedule an appointment
- Online: Log in with your Hamline email credentials and select the “Schedule Appointment" button
- Call us at 651-523-2912
- Visit the CASA front desk on the lower level of Bush Memorial Library
When requesting an appointment, include your name, ID number, phone number, appointment mode (virtual or in-person), and reason for the appointment.
Fall 2022 walk-in hours
Walk-ins are scheduled during high traffic advising times during the semester, and are intended for quick five to 10 minute inquiries that do not require an advisor to prep or review your academic record (e.g. how to declare a major, how to add/drop a course, where to locate a resource). CASA will hold walk-in hours during the following times:
Add/drop deadline walk-in hours
- Friday, September 9: 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Monday, September 12: 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.
Registration week walk-in hours
- Monday through Friday, November 14 to 17: 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.