Use of Hamline Vehicles

Office of Public Safety

Only those employees, students, and volunteers who meet the following conditions may operate a Covered Vehicle:

  • Must be at least 19 years old
  • Must have a valid driver’s license on file with the Office of Public Safety Services
  • Must have a current Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) report on file with the Office of Public Safety Services, which is updated annually. Visit the Minnesota DMV website for more information on obtaining a driving record from the Minnesota DMV.
  • Authorized drivers are under an ongoing affirmative duty to report any material changes in their driving record (e.g., new moving violation) or licensure status (e.g., suspension or revocation) to the Office of Public Safety Services
  • No more than two moving violations in the previous three years
  • No more than two accidents involving Covered Vehicles in three years
  • Successfully complete Hamline’s Vehicle Use Training
  • Review the Hamline's Vehicle Use Policy (Google Doc) and agree to the terms in the Google Form below during certification

Each employee or student requesting permission to operate a Covered Vehicle will obtain their own driving record from the DMV. Any subsequent accidents or violations may require further training or revocation of privilege to operate a Hamline University Covered Vehicle. All driving records obtained will be considered confidential information.

All drivers who submit their driving records and complete the required training will receive an electronic copy of this policy and are responsible for complying with the requirements.

Refer to Hamline's Vehicle Use Policy (Google Doc) for details.

Van reservation