Is something broken in your residence hall room or apartment?
If so, you have a few different resources:
- Complete a service request through Facilities Services through the service request form (below) or at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-523-2225. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Contact your individual Residential Assistant
Report the following issues:
- Plumbing problems (e.g., toilet not working properly, sinks or showers not draining, no hot water, leaks)
- Heating issues (too hot or too cold)
- Furnishings (e.g., missing or broken furniture, missing or broken blinds or shades)
- Bathrooms and common area issues (e.g., lights not working, burnt out light bulbs, no toilet paper, trash barrels full, etc.
- Pest problems including mice, ants, or other pests
- Any housekeeping or cleaning issues for common areas
- Any maintenance issues in your room or common areas
Please be as detailed as possible when reporting a concern and avoid vague descriptions like "Can't open door." For example:
- For a least a week, when I insert my key into the lock of my apartment door (apt. number 1, main door), the key does not turn. I have to wiggle the key multiple times before I can get the door unlocked to enter the apartment. I experience this problem every time I attempt to enter the apartment.
Emergencies (i.e., gas smell, flooding, plugged toilets) usually receive same-day service. Non-emergency repairs are completed within 10 working days.
Submitting a service request authorizes facilities staff members to enter your room or apartment to attend to the problem.
If you have a repair emergency (e.g., a pipe in your bathroom bursts) please contact Hamline Public Safety at 651-523-2100.
Laundry machine maintenance
Our laundry facilities are maintained by our vendor MacGray. If the laundry facilities in your building are not working, please contact MacGray by logging on at the MacGray login window. The password for Hamline University is: ham. Once you login, please identify your building, equipment name (i.e. washer or dryer), machine number, and explain the problem. Your request for maintenance will be sent directly to MacGray.
After you submit a request for laundry facility maintenance, please notify your RA.
CSC Laundry welcome flyer (PDF)
Guide to laundry detergents (PDF)
Correct laundry loading instructions (PDF)
Guide to avoiding mold and odors (PDF)
CSC Laundry app guide (PDF)
Request laundry service or work order (PDF)
Laundry stain tips (PDF)