Housing and Meal Plan Applications
Office of Residential Life
Applying for housing and meal plans is easy. You’ll find detailed instructions that are tailored to your student status. Here are some other important documents to help you with this process:
Fall 2023 housing application instructions (PDF)
Fall 2023 searching for roommates instructions (PDF)
2023–24 housing and meal services contract (PDF)
Housing application instructions and information
Sign up for housing in four simple steps!
Learn more about living on campus
- Check out Hamline's virtual tour or schedule a virtual visit with an admission counselor to learn more about living on campus.
- Pay your enrollment deposit. Your enrollment deposit is your contract with Hamline that you are enrolling in the fall and is non-refundable. Only those students who have paid their $400 enrollment deposit will receive login information to be able to sign up for housing. There is no separate housing deposit.
Watch for two emails from Hamline's IT service office (email@example.com) that will provide you with your Hamline username and a temporary password
- One email will be your official Hamline username.
- One email will provide you with your temporary password. You will be prompted to change your temporary password and respond to security questions.
- Please follow all instructions included in the emails to complete the set up of your Hamline network account before attempting to log into eRezLife.
Submit your online housing application
- Sign into eRezlife and enter your Hamline username and password.
- Housing application instructions will be sent in advance via email.
- The housing contract is for the entire academic year, except when only applying for the spring semester. Please refer to the online residence hall and meal services contract for details on the cancellation and contract release process.
- If you need housing accommodation for a disability-related condition, please contact Disability Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine eligibility.
- If you identify as transgender, please contact the Residential Life Office directly at email@example.com.
- Housing assignments are only made for students who complete and submit the online application and housing contract.
Search for roommates and set up your roommate group
- The RoomeeZ feature of the eRezLife website allows you to communicate with other incoming students.
- Our application processes are mobile device friendly, making applying for housing easy and convenient.
- Priority for building selection will be based on your enrollment deposit date, as long as you submit your housing application by/before the July 1 deadline.
Each March returning undergraduate students have the opportunity to select their rooms and roommates for the upcoming academic year. Information that outlines the apartment and room selection process is included in our Room Selection Instructions, which is emailed to residential students in March via their Hamline email address. Students who do not participate in these events can still apply for housing by submitting a housing application, but may not be able to choose their room or roommate. Housing applications are accepted until all available spaces have been filled.
The Office of Residential Life is committed to holistic learning and supporting the academic mission of the University. We believe that living on campus offers valuable living and learning experiences and want to make sure that all students who reside with us have the best living experience possible. Students who have physical or mental impairments that substantially limit one or more major life activities (walking, learning, seeing, and hearing) are eligible for accommodations. Civil rights laws provide for equal access, in higher education, students must request any needed accommodations to begin the process.
Requesting an accommodation
Students who need disability-related housing accommodations must contact Disability Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their needs and determine their eligibility.
If you are requesting a disability-related accommodation, please follow the traditional application process and guidelines until a decision regarding your request has been made. Accommodations are impacted by the date that you have contracted for housing and contacted Disability Resources. The earlier you contact Disability Resources, the more likely it is that your request will be able to be accommodated. If your request is approved, you will be considered for a housing accommodation that first and foremost meets your documented needs. Building and room type preferences listed on your housing contract will be considered and honored if possible, but an assignment within your preferences is not guaranteed.
If you are requesting release from the residence hall meal plan requirement, you should be aware that dietary restrictions do not always constitute a valid reason for canceling your meal plan contract. Aramark, Hamline University’s meal provider, is committed to offering food options that meet the needs of students on special or restricted diets. Appropriate documentation that verifies the conditions or circumstances that prevent the student from eating on the meal plan will need to be submitted to the Assistant Director of Residential Life. In general, documentation must be current and written by someone who has the credentials, expertise, and experience with the specific disability and is qualified to make a recommendation.
If the specific accommodation is dietary, the documentation requires a physician (in an appropriate medical field) to describe your medical condition, its symptoms, and the length of time you have been under a doctor’s care. They must also write a detailed list of your specific dietary requirements (what you can eat, what you cannot eat, etc.), including a sample menu for at least a three-day period. Include an explanation of your medical condition, the length of time required for treatment, and any relevant details needed by college personnel to make an appropriate decision.
Once all documentation has been received and reviewed by Residential Life, the student will be notified regarding the status of their request. Please be aware that retroactive requests will not be considered. Submit a Meal Plan exemption here.