Official Transcript Requests

Registration and Records

Transcript request instructions

Note: To request a Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA) transcript, please see the information on this below.

If you have Workday access:

  • Log into Workday
  • Select Academics
  • Under Academic Records, choose either option:
    • Request Official Transcript: Paper
    • Request Official Transcript: Electronic

If you don’t have Workday access:

  • To request an official electronic transcript: Go to Parchment's website to create an account and order the transcript.
  • To request an official paper transcript: Print, complete, and sign our Transcript Request form (Google Doc), which can be emailed, faxed, mailed, or brought in person to our office. Please be sure it’s signed.
  • To request a HECUA transcript, please see below.

Fees and processing time

Electronic transcripts: There is a $5.50 fee per electronic transcript. Requests are usually processed within 24 to 48 hours and confirmation emails are sent by

Paper transcripts: There is no fee for regular paper transcripts. Allow two business days for requests to be processed. We cannot estimate delivery time for paper transcripts.

Rush paper transcripts (same-day, in-person request): There is a $15 fee per rush transcript, cash or check only. This service is only available in the Student Administrative Services office in East Hall 113 during business hours.

              Financial obligations

              If you have not paid your entire Hamline bill, you may not be able to request a transcript. See the Registration and Release of Academic Records section of the Financial Policies and Procedures (Google Doc) for details and exceptions. Reach out to Student Accounts with questions at, 651-523-3000, or in Student Administrative Services in East Hall. 

              In-process grades and pending degrees

              Registered courses appear on your transcript as “In Progress” until final grades are recorded.

              We process transcript requests as they are submitted and do not wait for final grades or degrees to be awarded. Please check your online transcript to verify that grades have posted and/or your degree has been awarded before submitting your transcript request.

              Unofficial transcripts

              Students with Workday access can search for “generate unofficial transcript”.

              Students without Workday can use the Unofficial Transcript Request form (Google Doc). Please complete and sign the form and return it via email, fax, mail, or in person. The standard processing time is one to two business days.

              Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA) transcripts

              As of December 31, 2021, the Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs, commonly known as HECUA, ceased operations.  

              HECUA was a nonprofit consortium of twenty-six colleges and universities. Founded in 1971, HECUA had a 50-year history of providing experiential off-campus programs in collaboration with local communities in the US and abroad. Their mission was to offer off-campus academic programs for students to do integrative intellectual, political, and artistic work in support of movements for social justice, peace, and environmental sustainability in the U.S. and abroad.  

              As a partner and consortium member, Hamline University now houses the academic records of students who participated in HECUA programs. Former HECUA students who need copies of their transcripts are able to request those records through the Registration and Records office at Hamline University.  

              To request a copy of your HECUA transcript, please complete the Official HECUA Transcript Request form and return it to Please note, the form requires your signature. Typed name on the signature line does not qualify as a signature. 


              Educational records are confidential and may be released only at the request of the student. Requests made by any other party must include a release signed by the student.