• Get Help Now

    Hamline University encourages all students, faculty, or staff who have experienced sexual misconduct to seek the support and assistance necessary to heal and to plan for their future safety and success as an employee or student. 

    Find Help

    Select one of the resources below to get help from the university, the police, or the community.

  • Help from the University

    Help from Hamline

    Hamline University has many on campus resources and support systems in place to help you.

  • Help From the Police 1

    Help from the Police

    Our campus security can help you through the reporting process with the police or can contact an adviser to assist.

  • Community Help

    Community Help

    Need additional help outside the university?  Learn more about some of the local resources that are available.

  • Things to Consider

    If you recently experienced sexual assault we encourage you to consider your safety, preserving evidence, seeking medical attention as soon as possible, reporting the sexual misconduct, seeking accommodations and other assistance.

    Your Safety

    If you are concerned about your immediate safety call Safety and Security (on campus 651-523-2100) or 911. If there are no safety risks or serious injuries, go to a safe place and contact a friend or family member or your RA, NSM that you trust to stay with you.

    Preserving Evidence

    It is important to preserve physical evidence of an assault even if you do not yet know whether you want to report the assault or pursue filing a complaint. Evidence is best collected as soon as possible or at least within 120 hours of the incident. Do not shower to avoid washing away evidence. You can also preserve evidence by saving text messages, instant messages, and other communications that may be useful to investigators.

    Seeking Medical Attention As Soon As Possible

    If you go to a St. Paul Hospital, SANE nurses can collect necessary physical evidence. Even if you do not opt for forensic evidence collection, health care professionals can treat injuries and take steps to address concerns of pregnancy and/or sexually transmitted disease.

    Reporting the Sexual Misconduct

    Although the university strongly encourages all members of the community to immediately report sexual misconduct to law enforcement, you have a choice whether to make such a report, and you can decline to involve the police.  To learn more about your options, visit our reporting page.

    Seeking Accommodations and Other Assistance

    To request accommodations and other assistance with academic, housing, or financial aid matters, contact the Title IX Office located in the Dean of Students Office at 651-523-2948.