Counseling and Health

Hamline University has established immunization requirements for its students to maintain the health and safety of our community. Students must satisfy these requirements to  attend classes and live on campus, per Hamline University's immunization policy.

Required immunizations

Immunizations that are currently required are:

  • Tetanus booster (Tdap preferred or Td) within the last 10 years*

  • 2 MMRs (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): 2 doses after age 12 months or proof of immunity*

  • COVID-19 Vaccination Primary Series and One Booster Dose**

*Minnesota law requires all students born after December 31, 1956, who enroll in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella. This law allows for some exemptions.  

**Required by Hamline University.   


How do I submit documentation? What if I do not?

All Hamline students must submit their immunizations and/or the appropriate exemption documents before moving onto campus and starting classes. If you do not complete the requirement before August 1 for fall semester or the start of classes in spring/summer semesters, a registration hold will be placed on your student account for the following semester.

Submit immunization documentation at this Google Form. If you are unable to do this, please email or call 651-523-2204.


How do I locate my immunization records? 

Your high school or doctor’s office might have an up-to-date record of this. You can also see if the Docket app has an updated record. The Docket App- Docket Health, Inc. has partnered with the US Department of Health and Human Services for access to their immunization records. If your immunizations were done in Minnesota, you may be able to find your immunization records there. We will not be able to accept a screenshot of the app. You will need to download your record; from that screen, you can screenshot and crop so the immunization record including your name and date of birth are part of the record.

Easy access to your and your family’s immunization records (PDF)


Students claiming medical exemption must complete the Hamline University Student Vaccine Medical Exemption Form (Google Doc), which must be signed by a physician (MD or DO), physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. Your immunization requirement will not be fulfilled until this signed form is reviewed by Counseling and Health Services.

Students claiming conscientious objection must complete the Hamline University Conscientious Objection Exemption (Google Form). Your immunization requirement will not be fulfilled until your request has been approved by a committee of university representatives.

Students who have had measles, mumps or rubella may submit blood titer results to prove immunity. There is no titer that is acceptable as proof of immunity to diphtheria, tetanus, or COVID-19.

Recommended immunizations

Hamline University and the American College Health Association also strongly recommend the following immunizations:

  • Most recent COVID-19 Booster recommended by CDC

  • Annual Influenza Vaccine

  • Meningitis vaccine (MenACWY and MenB)

  • HPV vaccine series

  • Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccine series

Where Can I Get Vaccinated?

COVID Bivalent vaccinations are available through the State of Minnesota Community Vaccination Site in Saint Paul Midway. Vaccines are also available nearby at Lloyd's Pharmacy, other pharmacies, or most primary care medical clinics, all of which should be able to accept insurance.

Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) and flu shots are available for students in Counseling and Health Services if needed. Counseling and Health Services cannot bill insurance for immunizations—Tdap or flu shot will be billed to student accounts. 

Please contact Counseling and Health Services if you have questions regarding immunization requirements and recommendations or if you need help obtaining immunizations.