• Maintenance Requests

    Maintenance Requests

    Is something broken in your room, apartment, or house?

    If so, you have a few resources to use:

    • During business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm): Contact the Residential Life Office

    • After hours: Contact the Sorin Information Desk

      • 651-523-2580

      • Located Sorin Hall 1st floor

    • And you can always contact your individual RA!

    Report the following issues:

    • Plumbing Problems: Toilet not working properly, sinks or showers not draining, No hot water, Leaks.

    • Heating Issues: Too hot, too cold.

    • Furnishings: Missing or broken furniture, missing or broken blinds or shades.

    • Bathrooms and common areas: Lights not working, burnt out light bulbs, no toilet paper, trash barrels full, etc.

    • Pest Problems: Mice, ants, or other pest issues.

    • Any housekeeping or cleaning issues for common areas.

    • Any maintenance issues in your room or common areas.

    Please be as detailed as possible when reporting a concern.  The Res Life Office, the Sorin Information Desk, or your RA will need to know the specific location of the problem and require a detailed description of what is wrong and how long you have been experiencing the problem. For example:

    • Do not write: Can't open door.

    • Do write: For a least a week, when I insert my key into the lock of my apartment door (apt. number 1, main door), the key does not turn. I have to wiggle the key multiple times before I can get the door unlocked to enter the apartment. I experience this problem every time I attempt to enter the apartment.

    Emergencies (i.e., gas smell, flooding, plugged toilets) usually receive same day service. Non-emergency repairs are completed within 10 working days.

    Submitting maintenance concern authorizes facilities staff members to enter your house, room, or apartment to attend to the problem.

    If you have a repair emergency (e.g. a pipe in your bathroom bursts) please contact:

    Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.

    Office of Residential Life: 651-523-2061

    Every Day, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. and Weekends

    Apartment RA Duty Phone: 651-325-1516

    Drew RA Duty Phone: 651-325-1472

    Manor and Sorin RA Duty Phone: 651-325-1484

    The Heights Duty Phone: 651-325-1434

    24 hours a day/7 days a week

    Hamline Public Safety: 651-523-2100

    Laundry Machine Maintenance

    CSC Welcome Students
    Detergent Options 101
    HE Machines and Overloading
    Avoid Mold and Odors
    Laundry View
    Request Service/Work Order App
    Stain Tips

    Our laundry facilities are maintained by our vendor MacGray. If the laundry facilities in your building are not working, please contact MacGray by logging on to the following link: http://www.macgray.com/laundrylinx/index.cgi. The password for Hamline University is: ham. Once you login, please identify your building, equipment name (i.e. washer or dryer), machine number, and explain the problem. Your request for maintenance will be sent directly to MacGray.

    After you submit a request for laundry facility maintenance, please notify your RA.