• Immunizations

    Required Immunizations / Registration Hold

    Minnesota law requires all students born after December 31, 1956, who enroll in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella. This law allows for some exemptions.  All Hamline students must submit their immunizations and/or the appropriate exemption documents at the start of their college career.  If you do not complete the requirement before August 1st for fall semester or the start of classes in spring/summer semesters, a registration hold will be placed on your record for the following semester.  The easiest way to meet your requirement is to complete the Hamline University Online Immunization Form, where you can also upload your immunization record. 


    Students claiming Medical Exemption must print and complete section B of the Hamline University Paper Immunization Form, which must be signed by a healthcare provider, a physician (MD or DO), physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. Your immunization requirement will not be fulfilled until this signed form is received by Counseling and Health Services.

    Students claiming Conscientious Objection must complete section C of the Hamline University Paper Immunization Form, which must be notarized.  Your immunization requirement will not be fulfilled until this notarized form is received by Counseling & Health Services.

    Recommended Immunizations

    Hamline University and the American College Health Association also strongly RECOMMEND the following immunizations:
    Hepatitis A/B series
    Meningitis vaccine(s)
    HPV (Gardasil) vaccine
    Annual influenza vaccines

    Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) and flu shots are available for purchase to students in Counseling & Health Services if needed.  Other vaccines are available nearby at Lloyd's Pharmacy and other pharmacies, or at most primary care medical clinics. 

    Please contact Counseling & Health Services if you have questions regarding immunization requirements and recommendations or if you need help obtaining immunizations. 

    Counseling & Health Services
    Located in the lower level of Manor Hall-Rm 16

    Back to checklist