Online Bachelor’s Degree Completion Application
How to apply to Hamline’s online degree completion program
At Hamline, we love all kinds of transfer students, including those who need the flexibility and convenience of online learning. We’ve designed our Online Bachelor’s Degree Completion program for motivated students hoping to finish what they started. Whether you’re transferring from a community college to earn your degree or returning to college after time away, Hamline’s program is tailored to meet your needs.
To apply to Hamline’s online bachelor’s degree completion program, we ask that you have a minimum of 24 transferrable semester credits from your previous institution. You can verify your eligible transfer credits by completing our form to have your unofficial transcripts evaluated by us. Applicants can also transfer up to 64 credits of college-level coursework from high school, including 20 credits from AP or IB programs. Visit transferring credits for more information.
The Online Bachelor’s Degree Completion program is intended for transfer students seeking a fully online college education that’s academically equivalent to in-person coursework. Looking for an on-campus experience instead? Visit the transfer student application page.
Follow our online degree completion application checklist below to see what you’ll need to apply, and let us help you reach your goals. If you’re ever feeling stuck, contact us at ODCadmissions@hamline.edu.
Start or continue your application
Hamline application: First-time users
Create an account to start your online application. When you submit, it goes straight to our admission office.
Priority application deadlines
We accept applications year-round on a rolling basis, but if you’d like to enter a specific term, we do offer priority admission.
|Admission term||Deadline||Start date|
|Fall||August 1, 2023||August 28, 2023|
|Spring||December 1, 2023||January 2, 2024|
|Summer||April 1, 2024||April 29, 2024|
Application checklist for our online bachelor’s degree completion program
Going back to college is a big step forward. We’ve streamlined the application process so that everything can be done online. Go through the step-by-step list below to apply to our degree completion program—and feel good that you’re moving toward the future you envision.
Access the online Hamline Application using the portal above. First-time users will need to create a new account, while returning users can pick up where they left off by logging in.
Make sure you have completed the following:
- You have requested official transcripts from every college you attended after high school, as well as any coursework from College in the Schools or Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
- A resume that details your work experience
- If you have completed Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, or DSST, please have your test scores ready so you can get credit toward your Hamline degree
Transcripts for every college you attended after high school
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your previous institution via email or US mail. Hamline does not accept transcripts emailed from the applicant. Transcripts should be sent directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If transcripts cannot be emailed, please have them sent by mail to:
Office of Admission, Online Degree Completion
1536 Hewitt Avenue, MS-A1710
Saint Paul, MN 55104-1284
Submit a resume that lists your places of employment, starting with your most recent role. Include your job title, dates of employment, responsibilities, and/or accomplishments.
If you have completed Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, or DSST, please have your test scores ready so you can get credit toward your Hamline degree.
With rolling admission, we receive applications on a first-come, first-served basis to fill up available spots in the fall, spring or summer term. You’re welcome to apply at any time, but if you’re eager to join the Online Bachelor’s Degree Completion program, then consider sending your application to us by the priority deadlines.
Admission criteria for business and psychology majors
- Two or more years of work experience
- At least 24 transferable semester credits with a 2.0 GPA or higher
- If applying to the Bachelor of Arts in psychology: transferable general psychology course
- If applying to the Bachelor in Business Administration: no prerequisite
Admission criteria for paraprofessionals majoring in education
- You must be employed in an educational setting where you can complete most of your clinical experience hours (priority will be given to those employed as paraprofessionals in school settings)
- 32 completed college credits or an earned associate's degree (those without an associate's degree or 32 credits can petition for admission to the program, but must meet with an advisor to create an individualized plan for completion)
- Recommendation from school or district staff who can verify employment and support to complete clinical experience hours
What do we look for?
At Hamline, we’re seeking bold, passionate, and purpose-driven students who want to make an impact. We evaluate previous academic work, the information provided in your personal statement regarding goals for completing your degree, and work experience.
Hamline doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Diversity strengthens us, bringing new and unique perspectives to our community. We welcome applicants from nontraditional backgrounds, first-generation students, and military students or veterans.
Explore how your credits will transfer
Not sure whether you’re eligible to apply for the online bachelor’s? We’re here to help. Send us your unofficial transcripts and we’ll evaluate them for you.