Online Psychology Major
Transfer to Hamline and finish your degree online
Human beings are complex. With Hamline’s online psychology major you’ll explore the foundations of human behavior. You’ll develop a wide range of knowledge as you explore the many areas of psychological study including brain function, family relationships, group interactions, development across the lifespan, mental illness, and more.
When you finish your bachelor’s degree online with a psychology major at Hamline, you’ll join a learning community of experts in the field. And you’ll enjoy:
- Small class sizes
- A career-focused program designed to help propel you in your current and next career
- A skills-based education where you’ll develop skills that employers want beyond your subject-matter expertise
- A respected degree from Minnesota’s best regional university as ranked by U.S. News & World Report
I heard about online degree completion as a student on campus and switched over when I became pregnant. My advisor, Kelly, always answered my questions quickly, and he made registering for classes a breeze. It helped me graduate as a young mom."
What you can expect from your online degree program
Not only do you pay a reduced tuition rate, you’ll also only pay for what you use. No hidden fees for things you won’t use as an online student.
Finishing college at Minnesota’s first university is one of the best investments you can make. Explore all the way Hamline helps.
Explore career paths for psychology majors
What can you do with a major in psychology? Explore a few of the possibilities with the jobs and fields outlined below. Some of these do require graduate degrees but don’t worry. Our psychology major is top-rated among prospective employers and graduate schools.
- Licensed psychologist
- Licensed alcohol and drug counselor
- Social worker
- Forensic psychologist
- Industrial organizational psychologist
- Child psychologist
- Community outreach specialist
- Public relations specialist
- Health and wellness counselor
Take your psychology studies further
Our graduates have gone on to medical and graduate schools across the country in the pursuit of master’s and doctoral degrees. Examples of programs and schools include:
- Master of Addiction Studies program, University of Minnesota
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology, St. Thomas University
- Master of Social Work, Augsburg University
- Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine, Stillman Medical School, Missouri
- Masters in Addiction Studies, Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School
- Master of Art in Occupational Therapy, Saint Catherine University
- Master of Arts in Education, Hamline University School of Education and Leadership
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, UC San Diego
- Masters of Human Resources Management, University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management
Hamline-Hazelden Betty Ford graduate school partnership
You can jump-start your postgraduate degree in addiction and mental health through Hamline's partnership with the Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies (LADC and LPCC licenses).
The Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies considers Hamline University students' early applications for its graduate-level programs. Here are some fast facts about the process:
- To qualify, students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.30 at the time of application
- Applications will be considered up to 18 months before the applicant's expected enrollment at the Hazelden-Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements as specified on the Hazelden-Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies website
- The application process includes letters of reference, an interview, and a personal essay
To apply or learn more, contact Serena King or visit the Hazelden-Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies website.
Office of Admission - Online Degree Completion651-523-2900 (phone)651-523-3058 (fax)