Certified Public Manager Certificate
Develop immediately applicable management capabilities with our program designed specifically for federal, state, and local government and nonprofit sector managers and supervisors. Experience a one-of-a-kind program that will improve both your individual and organizational performance and develop you into the leader the public sector needs.
- Gain insight into your leadership skills, including reflection on emotional intelligence, ethics, and change leadership, and strengthen these skills through this academically grounded program
- Work in a cohort and learn from the experiences of others as you consider the practical application of leadership and change management skills through a capstone project
- Earn a national trademark designation of CPM (Certified Public Manager) and become a member of the American Academy of Certified Public Managers
The next cohort will start in May 2023.
Certified Public Manager Certificate registration form
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- A personal statement (500 words or less) answering the following:
- How does the Certified Public Manager program fit into your professional goals?
- Do you have the support of your workplace, and can you guarantee full participation in the program for the year?
For information about certificate programs, contact the School of Business at email@example.com.
For billing questions, contact Hamline Student Accounts, 651-523-3000.
Hamline’s low-residency program combines in-person classes with online coursework.
$4,000 (payable in three installments over three semesters).
- Leadership of Self and Others
- Managing Work
- Working Beyond Boundaries
- Capstone Project
Unit I: Leadership of Self and Others
- May to July 2022
- Residency: May 16 to 18, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Unit II: Managing Work
- August to October 2022
- Residency: August 3 to 5, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Unit III: Working Beyond Boundaries
- November 2022 to January 2023
- Residency: November 3 to 4, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Unit IV: Capstone Project
- February to May 2023
- February 9, 1 to 6 p.m. and February 10, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- May 1, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and May 2, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Certified Public Manager residency dates
Hamline offers multiple Certified Public Manager residencies between May 2023 and May 2024.
Unit I: Working Beyond Boundaries
- Led by Kris Norman-Major
- May to August, 2023
- Monday May 1, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday May 2, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday May 3, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Unit II: Leading People and Developing Self
- August to October 2023
- Wednesday August 2, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday August 3, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday August 4, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Unit III: Managing Work
- November 2023 to January 2024
- Thursday November 9, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday November 10, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Unit IV: Capstone
- February 2023 to May 2024
- Thursday February 8, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday February 9, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday May 6, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday May 7, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (includes graduation ceremony and reception with new CPM Cohort)
Graduate-level elective credits from all certificates may be earned and applied in the School of Business to the Master of Public Administration or the PhD in Management and Public Service. Additionally, elective credits may be earned and applied to the Master of Business Administration or Master of Nonprofit Management.