Dean of Students Office
The most important job of the Dean of Students Office is to act as a resource and advocate for the students of Hamline University. The Dean of Students Office provides a warm and welcoming environment where undergraduate students and their parents can get questions answered and receive assistance in resolving problems and complaints to assist students in their success.
Helpful information and resources
If you are concerned about an undergraduate student at Hamline, please inform the Early Alert Committee. We are here to help.
Resources and services for students
Find information and help related to emergency financial assistance, food assistance, textbook rental, and more.
Parent and family resources
Hamline values the opportunity to work with parents and families. Find out more about our partnership to enhance your student’s success.
What does the Dean of Students Office do?
The Dean of Students Office is part of Student Affairs and reports to the President's Office. The Dean of Students Office oversees the various departments in the Student Affairs Division, as well as auxiliaries like the Hamline Bookstore and Dining Services. The Dean of Students is the senior leadership position within the Student Affairs Division.
The Dean of Students Office serves as a primary administrative contact and advocate for students in both graduate and undergraduate programs. Our charge is to work directly with students to provide services and programs that enhance student life and the Hamline community. Some of the functions of the Dean of Students Office are to:
- Provide general assistance to students who have concerns and/or questions
- Act as a point of contact for students who want to talk about issues of harassment, discrimination, and sexual misconduct
- Be responsible for formulation and review of policies directly related to students
- Provide emergency loan information to undergraduate students and discusses student needs in emergency situations
- Be responsible for the production of campus publications specific to student needs and services (such as the Student Planner)
- Oversee the operation of Dining Services and the Hamline University Bookstore
- Be the primary administrative contact for Parent Network and a point of contact for all parents' questions and concerns
- Serve on the President's Staff as the voice and advocate for student issues, rights, and concerns