Women in Public Service Annual Conference
During this full day of exciting sessions, explore how we support and encourage women in public service. This popular annual conference includes dynamic speakers, discussion panels, and networking opportunities to enhance and further your work and those you mentor in the public sector.
The 2022 Women in Public Service Conference was held Friday, November 18. Check back here in the summer for 2023 conference updates.
Women in Public Service annual awards
As part of the launch of the Women in Public Service (WIPS) Conference in 2012, Hamline committed to bringing together women from across the public sector to share their experiences and support and develop one another’s strengths as they lead and realize their full potential in public service. Each year, as part of this commitment, Hamline recognizes public service trailblazers and up-and-coming leaders at our annual Women in Public Service Conference.
This award recognizes women who have made a lifetime commitment to serving the public good. Nominate someone whose work throughout their career has raised the bar across the field, and who has paved the way for others to follow in their footsteps.
Past award recipients include:
- Jettie Ann Hill, 2019 award recipient
- Julie Jones, 2019 award recipient
- Elizabeth Kautz, 2018 award recipient
- Debbie Montgomery, 2018 award recipient
- Carol Hubbard, 2017 award recipient
- Pamela J. Parker, 2016 award recipient
- Kit Hadley, 2015 award recipient
- Sharon Sayles Belton, 2014 award recipient
- Desyl Peterson, 2013 award recipient
- Ruby Hunt, 2012 award recipient
Focusing on up-and-coming leaders, this award recognizes women in public service with 10 or fewer years of service who are already making their mark in working for the public good. Winners of the award are eligible for a $2,400 scholarship to pursue an advanced degree from the Hamline School of Business.
Past recipients include:
- Chelsey Tulgren, 2019 award recipient
- Nitika Moibi, 2017 award recipient
- Seema Desai, 2017 award recipient
- Kari Egerstrom Collins, 2016 award recipient
- Kayla B. Fruetel, 2016 award recipient
- Danielle Werder, 2016 award recipient
- Kari Xiong, 2015 award recipient
- Kristi Fox, 2015 award recipient
- Alyssa Bryan, 2015 award recipient
- Gülgün Kayim, 2014 award recipient
- Kathie Battle Sayles, 2014 award recipient
- Lori Saroya, 2014 award recipient
- Mindy Manninen, 2013 award recipient
- Mary Van Milligen, 2013 award recipient
- Amanda Varley, 2013 award recipient
Hamline's WIPS Conference advisory committee accepts nominations for awards—which are presented at the annual conference—throughout the year, with a deadline of September 15.
To nominate a public service rising star or experienced public service leader, please submit a nomination form.
WIPS Lifetime Achievement Award Nomination Form
School of Business