Hamline’s university-wide committees play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the university. These committees continuously advise the university leadership team and provide input on strategically aligned initiatives. Hamline's most current strategic plan was approved by the board in October 2019. These committees were created in 2017.
These committees are:
- Enrollment and Student Success Committee
- University and Strategic Planning Committee
- University Academic and Student Affairs Committee
Enrollment and Student Success Committee
- Identify and recommend strategies and/or procedures that allow Hamline to recruit, enroll, and retain qualified undergraduate and graduate applicants and students.
- Review and identify best practices for student enrollment, review enrollment trends and recommend possible innovative practices, review enrollment targets, and all other activities deemed important to enroll those who have the best chance of understanding and appreciating the university's mission. The committee will also be involved in identifying, reviewing, and recommending student success initiatives and activities. The goal is to ensure that enrollment and student success are connected.
University Academic and Student Affairs Committee
- Review program implementation proposals, proposed curriculum additions, and changes across the academic units (supported and enhanced by the work done at the college or school level).
- Ensure that curricula are relevant and meet the needs of today’s students. This includes developing processes for regular assessment of programs and proposing academic structures that fit the mission of the university. These include but are not limited to reviewing and making recommendations for departments, units, and programs.
- Receive and review information pertinent to the life of students on campus, and be actively engaged in accreditation activities at both the university and college/school levels.
University and Strategic Planning Committee
- Recommend approaches to align university resources with the university mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Receive university budget information and provide input.
- Provide input in the assessments of various university operations.
- Propose new net revenue activities tied to growth and innovation.
The Campus Planning Committee will report to the University and Strategic Planning Committee.