Check Out Technology Equipment
Access the technology you need to complete assignments and projects at Hamline. Equipment is available for all students, staff, and faculty through the Central Service Desk short-term checkout program.
The Central Service Desk (CSD) in Bush Memorial Library offers items for short-term loans ONLY.
Long-term requests (students only)
Students have the option to request a Chromebook and/or a wifi jetpack for a semester, and pick it up at PiperXpress. To apply for these items, they need to fill out this form. At this time, we are unable to offer long-term loans to faculty and staff. If you are faculty or staff and have a need for a long-term item, please speak with your supervisor about a TechSelect order.
Short-term requests (everyone)
Fill out the equipment request form before visiting the Bush Library Central Service Desk (CSD) on the first floor of Bush Library. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for pick-up. Please bring your ID and allow five to 10 minutes for the checkout process.
All equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis unless otherwise noted. Please read the Campus Equipment Loan Policy for all rules and regulations regarding equipment loans before checking out tech equipment.
Equipment available for checkout
- Conference phones
- iPads (some reservable by faculty for class use)
- Microphones (lavalier and USB)
- Mobile hotspots
- Tripods (regular and mini for mobile phones)
- Video cameras
- Windows Laptops
Equipment rental guidelines
- Equipment checkout is only available to faculty, staff, and students of Hamline.
- Equipment checkout periods are generally for two weeks but may vary.
- Items may only be renewed once unless approved by management. Items in low supply or high demand may not be available for renewal.