• Hamline University Archives

    Hamline University’s archives support the goals of Hamline University by identifying, collecting, preserving, and making available university records and personal papers of administrators, faculty, staff, and students for the use of the university community and the general public. Collections include student and alumni publications; course catalogs; minutes from various organizations (board, student groups, etc.); campus maps; artifacts; photographs; and audio and video recordings.

       The archives is currently closed for in-person research. During June, the archivist will be available to respond to your questions regarding Hamline University's history via email or telephone, on the following dates: 3, 11, 17, 24, and 30. 

    New Online Content

     » Earth Day at Hamline - a retrospective YouTube video

     »  Hamline University formerly offered a School of Law. View the historic Hamline School of Law Pictorial Collection from the Archives.

     » Many past issues of Hamline’s student newspaper, The Oracle, are now available and searchable online. The years 1888-early 1900s and 1988-2015 can be accessed by going to The Oracle. More issues will come online in the future. Digitization of the 1988-2015 issues was funded in part with funds provided by the State of Minnesota from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the Minnesota Historical Society.