May and Summer Terms, 2022
Summer classes are available to current Hamline students, transfer students, and visiting students—you don't need to be a registered Hamline student to take advantage of summer courses!
Hamline's May and summer courses are offered in a variety of formats, in-person, hybrid, and online. Choose your courses based on how and what you want to learn this summer:
- Immerse yourself in condensed three-, four-, six-, or 12-week courses for a one-of-a-kind learning experience.
- Get ahead! Each course moves you 2 or 4 credits closer to graduation.
- Earn one or two Hamline Plan letters with just one class.
- Follow your curiosities and delve into a new topic. It’s what the liberal arts are all about!
May and summer courses
Hamline University students should log in to Workday, go to the Academics application, and click on "Find Course Sections for Registration." Visiting students should use the spreadsheet versions of the course listings linked below. Use the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheets to select different terms.
May term courses meet Monday, May 16 through Friday, June 3. Summer courses start on or after Monday, June 6. Select on a course's title to see when it meets.
A sample of May offerings include:
- Imaging the Invisible World
- Roots of American Popular Music
- Human Heredity and Disease
- Topics in Professional Writing
Example summer offerings include:
- Sounds of Protest
- Biology of Women
- Human Impacts on Aquatic Ecology
- Argumentation and Advocacy
- Music in Word Cultures
- Brain and Behavior
- Social Issues
- Registration opens Monday, March 7
- Current Hamline students register online via Workday
- Admitted transfer students for fall, contact Kaia Sherburne (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help with registration
- Non-Hamline students must email, mail, or fax in a registration form
- Learn more about registering for summer term
|2021||Term dates||Last day to add/drop classes||Last day to withdraw from classes|
|May term||5/16 to 6/3||5/17||5/27|
|Summer term I||6/6 to 7/1||6/7||6/24|
|Summer term II||7/11 to 8/5||7/12||7/29|
|Summer term III||6/6 to 8/12||6/10||7/29|
See the tuition section for refund schedule.