Militarry students talking with each other on the stairs

Military Student Resource Center

Supporting military students and veterans at Hamline

Welcome, veterans and active service members! Hamline University is committed to supporting military students and providing them with an exceptional academic experience. We value your unique experiences and needs and will support you every step of the way—from applying and securing financial aid to preparing for your career or graduate school. 

If you ever need help, our staff is here to provide answers and assistance. You can contact us by email at and by phone at 651-523-2099.

Office hours

Hamline University's Military Student Resource Center is located in the basement of West Hall. We’re open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

Student representatives are available at the following times:

  • Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. 
  • Tuesday and Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 4 to 5 p.m.

Ready to apply?

No matter what kind of student you are, you’ll find everything you need to get started with your application.

Already admitted?

Find out how to prepare for your new life at Hamline—and don’t forget to sign up for orientation!

Up for a visit?

See Hamline for yourself. Tour campus, connect with the admission team, or attend an info session.

A  man military student with another woman looking into an Ipad

Military student financial aid

Eligible veterans, service members, and their spouses and dependents have access to financial aid at Hamline University. Learn about the Minnesota GI Bill, the Federal GI Bill, the Yellow Ribbon Program, and the Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program.

Three military students in a classroom

Yellow Ribbon Program

Awards for the Yellow Ribbon Education Enhancement Program go to eligible students and can be renewed yearly.

United States Flag

History of military students at Hamline

Read about Hamline’s long and proud history of military students, spanning from the Civil War to the present day.

How to certify your enrollment

If you have applied for educational benefits through the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and need Hamline to certify your enrollment, please follow the steps outlined below.

Students who have or will be using military benefits should speak to their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at Hamline.

How to transfer military credits

Hamline strongly encourages students to turn in military transcripts to review for academic credit and currently accepts both the Joint Services Transcript (JST) and CCAF Transcript (Community College of the Air Force Transcript).

Use the guide below to get your JST sent directly to our Transfer Articulation Coordinator, or email us with further questions at

Tools for choosing a college

Laptop+click icon red

Start your application

No matter what kind of student you are, you’ll find everything you need to get started with your application.

I icon red

Get more information

It’s easy to get the information you’re looking for. Tell us about yourself and we’ll share all about Hamline.

Location pin icon red

Schedule a visit

From on-campus tours to virtual meetings and events, you’re invited to discover what makes Hamline special.

Contact information