• Safety AbroadSafety Abroad

    The US State Department has put together important information specifically for students going abroad. Please take a moment to browse the Students Abroad site to read up on information ranging from what kinds of travel documents you will need to how to stay health to driving abroad and much more!  

    Don't forget to register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so they may reach you in the event of an emergency in the country you are visiting.

    In An Emergency

    Call Hamline University Office of Safety and Security 651-523-2100 who will contact an IOCP staff person 24 hours, 7 days a week. Please provide as much of the following information as possible to the officer taking your call:

    • your name
    • return contact information
    • country & program of study
    • student(s) names
    • date & time of occurrence/condition
    • description of occurrence/condition
    • action taken thus far
    • action requested of Officer (if appropriate)