• Residence Hall Network

    Students living on the Residence Halls have different technology services available such as: access to Hamline wireless network, cable TV and  telephone jack. In addition, the University also has a student-staffed technology position responsible for serving as liaison between ITS and residents.

    Please check the information about hardware requirements and recommendations, connections and use policy. If you need additional help contact the ITS Service Desk at (651) 523.2220 or email its-service@hamline.edu

    Connecting to the Hamline computer network

    Hamline’s prefer method to connect to the Network is wireless. Go to Hamline’s Get started - wireless section to find detailed information about how to connect and review the Wireless How-to's . If you do need to plugin your network cable into an ethernet jack please contact the ITS Service Desk at (651) 523.2220 or email its-service@hamline.edu

    In order to navigate more efficiently and safely make sure you follow Hamline’s computer requirements and recommendations  and  safe computing information.  

    Please Note that to use resources on campus like computers in labs or classrooms, access the wireless network, or access the local area network, you need to login using your Hamline username and password.  

    Technology use policy

    Go to  Hamline's Technology Use Policy to find all about the university technology policy details.  

    Using game consoles

    If you want to connect your game console to the Internet, the game console must be registered in Hamline's network. To register your console, you have to provide the console's MAC address to the ITS Service Desk at (651) 523.2220 or email its-service@hamline.edu

    If you do not know how to find your console's MAC address, you can visit http://www.csus.edu/reslink/gaming.html.   

    Cable TV

    All the residence halls and the apartment complex are connected to the University’s cable TV system. This system is compatible with most cable-ready televisions. The cable TV system is administered by Media Services. Go to  Cable Guide 2013-2014 (Google) to find out what networks are available. 

    Telephone Services

    Service for local, long-distance, and voice mail is provided through the ITS Telecommunications Department for the entire University. Students living in campus housing have access to a dedicated telephone line but have to provide their own telephone instruments.  For more information on telephone services or if you have any questions, concerns, or problems you may contact the Central Service Desk at (651) 523.2220 or email its-service@hamline.edu.