• Time Off

    Paid Holidays

    Regular (non-temporary) staff are eligible for paid holidays. Must be used by June 30 each year or be forfeited. This includes floating holidays. 


    For vacation eligibility and allotment, please see the policy:

    • Vacation Policy
    • Regular (non-temporary), non-union staff are eligible. Must be used by June 30 each year or be forfeited.
    • For full-time staff employees:
      •  0-2.99 Years of Service - 10 Days
      • 3-4.99 Years of Service - 15 Days
      • 5 or more Years of Service - 20 Days  

    Sick Time

    Regular (non-temporary), non-union staff are eligible. Sick time accruals are pro-rated based on appointment.

    Staff employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement -The vacation, sick and floating holiday policies do not cover the staff employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the International Union of Operating Engineers Local No. 70 and Hamline University. Employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement should refer to the agreement or contact Human Resources.

    Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

    Please review the policy and complete the FMLA Request form for any eligible medical, family or military time off under the policy. Once completed, contact the Benefits department, you may be required to provide additional information.

    Workers Compensation

    All work-related injuries must be reported within 24 hours to the Benefits department. To report an injury please complete the Work Related Injury Report FormIf the employee is unable to complete the Work-related Injury Report form within 24 hours, the supervisor may complete it for the employee. Also see the Hamline's Worker's Compensation Policy and the Minnesota Employer's Compensation System Employment Information Sheet for more information. Hamline University's workers compensation carrier is Travelers Insurance. They can be contacted at 800-842-3073.