• MDE Human Relations Requirement for Teachers Trained Out-of-State

    Hamline University offers a course to fulfill the PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board, formerly MDE) Human Relations requirement for teachers trained out-of-state.  If you are required by PELSB to fulfill a Human Relations course, the School of Education offers this course through our Continuing Studies department in an online format.

    View the requirement from PELSB for more information. Be sure to select Out-of-State Applicants and then Human Relations Requirement.


    Registration is easy; all you need to do is fill out and return this registration form. If you have previously registered for a Hamline course, you may register for the course via Piperline.

    URED 7722/Framework for Teaching: Changing Paradigm - this class is no longer being offered

    Students can enroll in GED 7862 Education and Cultural Diversity

    Summer '18 CRN and details:
    50083 June 4-August 20 Mondays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00.p.m.
    50084 June 6-August 22 Wednesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00.p.m.

    Fall '18 CRN and details: 

     16632 September 5-December 12, Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00.p.m.
     16633 September 10-December 10, Mondays from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00.p.m.
    Other Information

    Contact: If you need assistance or have questions, please contact the Hamline School of Education at education@hamline.edu or 651-523-2600.

    Tuition: Information about Continuing Studies tuition is available on the Student Accounts page.

    Transcripts: Transcript requests are filled through our Registrar's Office.

    Learn More

    Hamline has been educating business, education, government, and community leaders since its founding in 1854. Today Hamline's graduate programs prepare the next generation of leaders. Student-focused and practice-based, Hamline's programs are grounded in an ethic of civic responsibility, social justice, and inclusive leadership and service.

    Contact a Graduate Admission counselor for more information about offerings in the School of Education.

  • ABE Licensure Option

    Interested in an ABE license to teach in Minnesota? Learn more about our ABE Licensure program.

    State Eligibility and Complaint Process

    Hamline University, like all higher education institutions, must follow individual state regulations before enrolling students outside of Minnesota in its online programs. Hamline can enroll students residing in most states, but please confirm whether your state is among the eligible states.   

    Hamline University is committed to providing outstanding online education. If you have a question, concern, or complaint about your online education experience at Hamline, please review our complaint process for online education at Hamline.

  • Three children reading a book in grass

    Continuing Studies Courses and Certificates

    Take a continuing studies course or certificate. Courses start throughout the year on campus or online.