• Veterans' Affairs


    Hamline University
    1536 Hewitt Avenue
    Saint Paul, MN 55104

    Rachel Lykken
    VA Certifying Official
    East Hall, Room 113

    P: 651.523.2395
    F: 651.523.2585

    VA's Education Call Center is open Mon-Fri, 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. (CST)


  • military 

    Veterans' Affairs at Hamline

    Welcome veterans! Hamline University is committed to supporting veterans and providing them with an exceptional academic experience. We value your unique experiences and needs and will support you in every step of the way -- from applying and securing financial aid to preparing for your career or graduate school.

    Military Experience 3


    Get Hamline University Credit for your military service from the Joint Services Transcript and the American Council on Education (ACE).

    Download this PDF package and include a registered and official copy of your DD214 before mailing to JST.


    Upcoming Events

    Veterans Student Organization Meetings
    When: Bi-weekly
    Who: Hamline students who would like to be a part of a great on-campus veteran organization are invited to attend our bi-weekly meetings. 
    For more information please contact Don Allen.

    What is Veteran's Affairs?

    Military Benefits
    We’ll help you secure the benefits you have earned by serving our country. To get started contact Hamline's VA Certifying Official. 

    Financial Aid
    You might also be eligible for other types of funding to help with costs not covered by VA benefits. Our financial aid counselors are available to answer all of your questions and meet your needs.

    Student Support
    Get the support you need to be successful and connect with other veterans through our student support services. Hamline has a long and proud history of veterans and is committed to helping you secure the assistance you need.

    Career Services   -    Center for Academic Services   -  Disability Services -   Counseling and Health Services   -   Center for Student Success and Transition   -    Student Leadership and Activities  -    Hamline Law Veterans Association   -   Wesley Center   - Student Administrative Services   -   Admissions -   Information Technology Services

    Hamline University Veterans Committee

    Need help navigating Hamline? Not sure who to contact? Start with one of these staff persons, who are committed to veteran support and serve on the university’s Veteran’s Committee.

    Alan Sickbert
    Dean of Students
    Matt Morgan
    Chemistry (Veterans Committee Chair)
    Joshua Nelson
    Financial Aid
    Kelly Jordan
    Career Development Center
    Nancy Victorin-Vangerud
    Collette Litzinger
    Marketing and Enrollment
     Matt Textor
    Hamline School of Law
    Jamie McClary
    School of Business
    Monita Gray
    Center for Student Success
    and Transition
    Kathy McGillivray
    Disability Services
    Donald Allen
    Undergrad Student Vet
     Katy Rimstad
    Counseling and Health
    Noel Cronin
    Graduate Student Vet
    Robert Rivera
    School of Education

    Want to connect with other veterans on campus? Attend regularly held meetings and events designed to honor and support veterans. To get involved, contact Veteran Committee chair Matt Morgan.

  • News
    • Recipients of the 2014 John Wesley Leadership and Service Awards are announced. Congratulations to the winners.
    • The Hamline to Hamline Collaboration is offering grants for collaborative programming or events that enrich the collaboration between Hamline Elementary and Hamline University with applications due by Monday, May 12.
    • Senior Jenna Potter, an English major and German and communications double minor at Hamline, was awarded the prestigious Fulbright Scholarship to teach in Hamburg, Germany. Senior Libby Otto named as alternate to Norway.