University Center Tabling Policy
Owner: Academic Dean's Office
Description: The following policy outlines the process of reserving a table in the university center.
Tables may be reserved by university offices, departments, and registered and chartered student organizations. Outside organizations and vendors must be scheduled through the Anderson Center Director/front desk staff or be sponsored by a university office, department, or student organization.
Tabling Use Guidelines:
- Table numbers locations will be determined by the Director of the Anderson Center in consultation with the events and scheduling manager.
- Tabling materials – displays, signage, etc. – must be confined to the table and may not be posted or hung on building surfaces.
- Those tabling must remain at or near their table and may not aggressively solicit individuals.
- Music, sound equipment, or other electronics at these tables must have prior approval.
- The direct and indirect promotion of or reference to the sale, use, or distribution of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, obscene material, or any materials that would violate applicable law or any university policy is prohibited.
- Tables are not to be positioned beneath the staircase.
Sponsored Outside Organizations and Vendors
The sponsoring university office, department, or student organization is responsible for:
- Requesting the table through Classroom and Space Management and serving as the internal contact.
- Ensuring the outside entity adheres to the use guidelines.
- Verifying the outside entity does discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
This policy assures tabling activities meet the needs of the university community.
University-sponsorship is possible for all outside organizations and vendors.
For example, employment recruiters are already sponsored through the Career Development Center and study abroad programs are already sponsored through International and Off-Campus Programs. The Finance Office recently sponsored U.S. Bank. Armed Services recruiters have been sponsored by the Career Development Center, and could also be sponsored through the Veterans Committee.
These guidelines reflect the open and public nature of the design of the Anderson University Center.