Classroom and Space Reservations - Priority Booking Policy
Department responsible: Space Management Office
Owner: Space Management Office
Description: The purpose of this policy is to establish a Priority Booking List that enables the office of Classroom and Space Management to effectively schedule and prioritize space usage of large event and student learning/activity spaces on campus.
The purpose of this policy is to establish a Priority Booking List that enables the office of Classroom and Space Management to effectively schedule and prioritize space usage of large event and student learning/activity spaces on campus. This policy also outlines a system for prioritizing large-scale university events in appropriate event space and determining tiers of priority in the event that bumping is the only solution to a space reservation conflict. This policy applies to all employees, students, and external clients of Hamline University.
Definition (if applicable):
“Large event spaces” as defined in this policy include the following:
- Anderson University Center 111
- Anderson University Center 112
- Klas Center Kay Fredericks Room
- “Student learning/activity spaces” as defined in this policy include the following:
- Anne Simley Theater
- All athletic facilities
- All music facilities
- This policy applies to all students, employees, and external clients of Hamline University.
- Priority booking for large event spaces will be given to events on the Hamline University campus based on revenue impact and university-wide impact. Priority will be assigned based on the impact and size of the event, per the Scheduling Tiers Addendum to this policy. Thus, space reservations are not necessarily “first come, first served,” though this may be a factor.
- Events in Tier 1 of the Scheduling Tiers Addendum will be expected to have space reserved two years in advance to prioritize their use of large event space.
- Classroom and Space Management will utilize the Service Level Agreement to advise on a case-by-case basis as space requests are received to book events in appropriate spaces on campus. The first priority is to resolve conflicts cooperatively among the parties.
- In the event that a scheduling conflict cannot be resolved between the parties per the Service Level Agreement, Classroom and Space Management will use the Scheduling Tiers Addendum to assign priority to one event in the conflict and space will be scheduled accordingly.