Classroom and Space Reservations - Campus Wide Scheduling Blackout Policy
Department responsible: Facilities
Adopted by: Administrative Cabinet
Description: This policy is to minimize conflicts when large campus-wide events happen.
This policy is to minimize conflicts when large campus-wide events happen. A Campus-Wide Event is when most facilities and resources are used, and no competing events are scheduled. A Major Hamline Event involves substantial use of facilities and resources, but allows competing events to be scheduled. University Holidays are the dates that the University has determined that offices and non-essential services are closed. For Campus-Wide and Major Hamline Events, access to university parking and buildings is severely impeded.
Click here to view the Scheduling Tier Addendum.
- Commencement (Friday evening and all day Saturday)
- Piper Passages on Labor Day Sun-Mon
- Homecoming/ Alumni Weekend incl. President’s Circle dinner (Thursday evening through Saturday evening)
Major Hamline Events
- Family Weekend / Hall of Fame
- State Track Meet BUT no outside rentals, and north side of campus should be closed.
University Holidays—when all but essential services are closed.
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving
- Exception is Paterson event on day after Thanksgiving.
- Christmas Day and adjacent full/half holiday
- New Year’s Day and adjacent full/half holiday
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
This policy applies to the use of all event space and classroom space across all campuses, when appropriate.
No catering services can be scheduled except for the designated Campus-Wide event.
No audiovisual equipment or services can be scheduled except for the Campus-Wide event.
No room setups or equipment can be scheduled except for the Campus-Wide event.
No parking space or services can be scheduled except for the Campus-Wide event.
The Campus-Wide event will have priority over other scheduled events and conflicting events may be moved or canceled.