Building Use Policy
Owner: Facilities Services
Pertains to: All Hamline-owned buildings
Description: The following building use rules are necessary to preserve the quality of our environment.
The following rules are necessary to preserve the quality of our environment. Violations may result in withdrawal of privileges (including the use of the building), fine, suspension or dismissal.
- Posting must follow all guidelines provided in the Hamline University Posting Policy.
- Rooms are scheduled through the Campus Scheduling Office at 651-523-2474, or the School of Law Registrar's Office for rooms in the School of Law.
- Smoking is prohibited in any public building on campus. The only exception to this will be designated rooms in the residence halls.
- No food or beverages are permitted above the ground floor in the School of Law except in designated areas. Food and beverages may be brought into the classroom only during a noon colloquium or at other times if specifically permitted by the instructor. Please note that food and beverages are not permitted in the Moot Court Room in the School of Law at any time.
- Responsibility for keeping classrooms cleared of cups, wrappers, etc., rests with each individual.
- There shall be no writing on or marking of walls or furniture.
- No dogs, cats, or other pets are permitted in buildings.
- Please be respectful of others and cooperate to keep buildings clean and in good repair.
- No use of bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates or other recreational equipment will be permitted in university buildings at any time.
- No use of chalk or other substances will be permitted on the exterior or interior walls of buildings.