Contact Us:Office of Safety & Security
Hamline UniversityMS-C1905 1536 Hewitt AvenueSaint Paul, MN 55104
Vehicle Use Policy
Only those employees, students, and volunteers who meet the following conditions may operate a Covered Vehicle:
1. Drivers must be at least 19 years old;
2. Valid driver’s license on file with the Office of Safety and Security Services;
3. Current DMV report on file with the Office of Safety and Security Services (updated annually). Authorized Drivers are under an ongoing affirmative duty to report any material changes in their driving record (e.g. new moving violation) or licensure status (e.g. suspension or revocation) to the Office of Safety & Security Services;
4. No more than two (2) moving violations in the previous three (3) years (major violations will be reviewed);
5. No more than two (2) accidents involving Covered Vehicles in three (3) years;
6. Successfully complete Hamline’s Vehicle Use Training; and
7. Have on file with the Office of Safety and Security Services a signed Covered Vehicle Use Agreement. See page eight (8) of the Vehicle Use Policy.
Each employee or student requesting permission to operate a Covered Vehicle will obtain their own driving record from the DMV. Persons with out-of-state driver’s licenses will have to contact their home state driver’s licensing authority for driver’s license records. This report will be obtained annually, with any associated fees paid by the Authorized Driver’s department. Any subsequent accidents or violations may require further training or revocation of privilege to operate a Hamline University Covered Vehicle. All driving records obtained will be considered confidential information.
See the Minnesota DMV website for further information on obtaining a driving record from the Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles.
All drivers who submit their driving records and complete the required training will receive a copy of this policy and will be responsible for complying with the requirements.
Sex Offender Information
Annual Safety & Fire Report
Stay Safe at College
© 2013 Hamline University
1536 Hewitt Avenue - Saint Paul, MN 55104-1284