• International Students

    International students are not required to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and are not eligible for Federal financial aid. However, international students may choose to apply for alternative loans to help defray their educational costs. Lenders require international borrowers to have a cosigner who is a U.S. citizen.

    International students are also encouraged research outside scholarship opportunities. Hamline University’s Office of Financial Aid has compiled a list of the useful Web sites that provide scholarship information for international students. All outside scholarships received must be reported to the Office Financial Aid at finaid@hamline.edu. Please call Student Administrative Services at 651-523-3000 to determine how a received scholarship may affect your financial aid.

    In addition to alternative loans, undergraduate students may be eligible for a limited number of international scholarships. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 651-523-2207 for more information.