• Campus Logistics

    Getting Around, Getting What You Need

    Most services you need are on the Hamline campus, many right within the law school:


    Available in the law library. 

    If you need copies of pages from your student file, please note only the following items are available:

    • Application for Admissions
    • Personal Statement
    • LSAT exam cover page

    Without exception, copies of transcripts from other institutions are not furnished.

    enrollment and degree verifications

    Available from the National Student Clearinghouse

    Enrollment Verification

    Through Piperline-Student Self-Service, you can print your own enrollment verification certifications, view your enrollment history and enrollment verifications provided at your request, check loan deferments sent to lenders, and link to real-time information on student loans. To access:

    1. Log in to Piperline
    2. Select “Student Services”
    3. Select “Additional Student Services”
    4. Select “Request Enrollment Verification

    File Review

    Through the registrar’s office, you can review your file as maintained by Hamline Law only, as stipulated in Hamline’s FERPA statement. All review sessions must be pre-scheduled and are supervised by a staff member. There are no file retrieval fees. Copies of the materials listed above (or others as required by applicable law) can be furnished for review purposes by request  (copying fees apply).

    Letters, Verifications, and Certifications Issuance

    Upon request, the Office of the Registrar can issue to you, or to a third party you request, the following documents for free: 

    • Dean’s Honors Verifications
    • Enrollment Verifications (verification for most lenders is via the National Student Clearinghouse)
    • Expected Graduation Term/Date Verifications
    • Good Standing Verifications
    • GPA Verifications
    • Grades Verifications
    • Graduation Verifications
    • Ranking Verifications

    Request forms are available in the Office of the Registrar and online, and must be signed by you. An email from your Hamline email is considered a valid, electronically signed request.

    If you need a letter of good standing with authorization to visit away, there is a $50 fee. Requests for a fee waiver due to documented economic hardship are considered by the associate dean of academic affairs. There is a $10 fee for a transfer packet, which includes a letter of good standing, official transcript, and photocopy of the LSAC report cover page. 


    You can rent a locker, or lockers, located in the law school’s lower level for personal use by completing the Locker Request form and submitting online to the registrar’s office. The president or chief executive officer of each student organization may request a locker for the organization and designate users for the locker. Locker numbers are assigned at random, but students who have difficulty accessing lockers on top rows may express a preference for the lower row or vice versa. Locker rental renews automatically as long as you remain at Hamline Law. Students may relinquish lockers at any time by emailing the registrar’s office. A $10 per semester non-refundable fee is automatically charged either to your, or the student organization’s, account. An appropriate cleaning fee is assessed if the locker is not emptied and cleaned by the deadlines stipulated below.

    Locker Combination  

    Your locker number and combination (including student organizations) are available via Piperline. After logging in:

      • Click “Personal Information”
      • “Campus Address (Mail Stop) Information”

    Locker number and combination information for student organizations are available via Piperline under the account(s) of the designated organization member(s). If you believe your combination number has been compromised, request a combination change.

    Locker Contents

    Use common sense regarding what to store in your locker.

    • Do not store perishable or malodorous items, flammable, corrosive, or otherwise dangerous substances, noise emitting devises, etc.
    • We reserve the right to, without notice, open lockers and dispose of any such items.
    • Locker contents are not insured by Hamline and should not be used for storing valuables.
    • You must remove all contents and clean your locker within 15 days of withdrawing or leaving Hamline Law, even if you are on a leave of absence or visit away for a semester.
    • Graduates must remove all contents and clean their lockers within 60 days of graduation.
    • Organization lockers must be transferred to the newly elected officers or emptied and cleaned within 60 days of graduation. Contents not removed by the stated deadlines are discarded.

    Lost and Found

    Contact the Office of Safety and Security

    Mail Services

    Mail services are located downstairs in Walker Fieldhouse.

    Room Reservations

    To reserve a room for your event:

    1. Check the online calendar to see if space is available

    2.  Fill out the online form (individual students) or Student Organization Event Approval Form

    Student Limited Practice Certification

    Under Minnesota’s Student Practice Rules, you can be certified for limited general practice for one year (renewable), or for participation in a law school clinic, by the Minnesota Supreme Court.
    To request certification for general practice (under Rule 1):

    • Complete and sign the top part of the Request for Certification form and give it to the supervising attorney.
    • The supervising attorney must complete the bottom part of the form and forward it to the Office of the Registrar via U.S. mail or fax.
    • The Office of the Registrar evaluates the request, determines if you are eligible, and if so, submits the request to the Minnesota Supreme Court.
    • The Supreme Court typically responds to the registrar within 1 to 3 weeks.
    • A copy of the certification is sent to you and the supervising attorney. The original certification is kept in your student file.

    Certification under Rule 2 is available through the Clinics Office for students enrolled in a clinical program.


    Available through the Hamline Law Bookstore.

    Transcript Requests

    Official transcripts, either electronic or paper, are available to you or to another party you authorize (according to FERPA guidelines) with a signed release/authorization from the Office of the Registrar. Electronic transcripts are digitally signed, secure PDF documents available via Piperline to students who attended in 1986 or later. Paper transcripts are also available in person from the Office of the Registrar or via standard mail.

    How to Request a Transcript

    Students in 1986 or later: Request a transcript through Piperline. If this link does not work:

    1. Log into Piperline
    2. Click on “Student Services”
    3. Click on “Student Records”
    4. Click on “Request Official Transcripts”
    5. Follow the instructions   

    If you don’t remember your Piperline log in information, please contact the ITS help desk (itshelp@hamline.edu) during regular business hours.

    If you attended before 1986, contact the law registrar (lawregistrar@hamline.edu).


    There are no fees for individual transcript requests. Hamline Law reserves the right to charge a per transcript fee for abnormal, excessive and/or repetitive requests, including $5 for each transcript in excess of five per day and $5 for each duplicate PDF transcript request.

    Processing Time

    Requests for paper transcripts are processed daily during regular business hours. Electronic transcripts requests are automatically processed on the hour, 24/7. Routine system maintenance and unexpected system failures may delay processing.

    Issuance Restrictions

    1. Official transcripts are not issued for students with outstanding financial obligations to Hamline University.
    2. The dean may restrict issuance of official transcripts for other reasons.