Associate Vice President for Facilities Services Lowell Bromander was installed as the president of the Midwest Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers at the annual conference on Wednesday, October 30 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Bromander also presented a session on Tuesday, October 29 with Angela Watson from Shepley-Bulfinch Architects, and Bake Baker and Dan Malecha, both with McGough Construction. The presentation, The Benefits of Integrated Design Workshops, focused on the design and delivery of Hamline University’s Anderson Center meeting and exceeding its project and program expectations and offered a powerful lessons for the value of an integrated approach.
The interactive discussion presented strategies for an integrated approach to capital projects through the perspectives of the owner, architect, and construction manager. It also addressed design, process, and team aspects of project delivery.
Learning outcomes included:
1) Better understanding of how to implement an integrated approach to project delivery;
2) Understanding of how to ensure a better informed design process and design efficiencies;
3) Ability to identify effective methods for budget and cost control;
4) Review opportunities for accelerated systems coordination;
5) Optimal team building strategies; and
6) Effective means for handling geographically dispersed team members