Check the CDC website for more information.
CREATIVE SERVICES INTERN
OFFICE OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The creative services intern will be a member of a dynamic, professional team dedicated to increasing the visibility and enhancing the reputation of Hamline University through thoughtful writing of communication materials and marketing projects.
Specifically, the creative services intern will support marketing and communications functions surrounding the Hamline Magazine, writing projects for marketing and editorial, and other related responsibilities. The intern will also provide administrative support, conduct research, and perform other related duties.
- Provide ongoing maintenance to the Hamline Magazine, including fact checking, writing, and proofing obits and class notes.
- Develop content for editorial and marketing including print collateral, website content, email, and the Hamline Magazine.
- Assist marketing and editorial functions by writing and proofing marketing and communications materials, conduct research for marketing projects, and updating content on the Hamline website.
- Provide administrative support including assistance with filing and organizing creative services projects, running errands, and performing other related duties.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing for Undergraduate and Brand and works closely with Copywriting/Editorial and the Art Director.
I. MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines and work well under time constraints
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Photoshop software
- Proficiency with e-mail software
- Familiarity with Web browsing and editing software
II. Personal Characteristics
- Interest in marketing, communications, or writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work with diverse colleagues and committee members
- Ability to be self-directed, take the initiative to solve problems and complete projects
Must be a full-time student at Hamline University. Major in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, English, writing, or related field preferred.
Duration: Beginning May, 2013
Time: 10 - 15 hours/week
Send resume and cover letter to: Director of Marketing for Undergraduate and Brand Collette Litzinger @ firstname.lastname@example.org