September 19, 2013
11:20 AM - 12:30 PM
For all faculty and instructional staff who
are interested in developing one of the following three kinds of learning
- A FYSem linked to another FYSem or
an introductory course (e.g. Fine-Arts-oriented FYSem with a 1000-level
Fine Arts course).
- A co-taught interdisciplinary
semester-long or J-Term course (e.g. "The History and
Literature of Shakespeare's England").
A linking of two existing courses that have
overlapping student populations (e.g. BIOL 1800 “Principles of Ecology and
Evolution” and CHEM 1130 “General Chemistry I”).
The Learning Communities FIG is a year-long
commitment. We will meet for four sessions over the course of AY 13-14. By the end of AY 13-14 you will have:
- A better understanding of the range of
potential models for co-teaching.
- A partner with whom to co-teach a course.
- A full course description and co-teaching
- The scaffolding for a syllabus.
- A plan for one or more shared assignments.
A clear sense of shared and separate course responsibilities.
If you have questions, please contact Jane Turk, firstname.lastname@example.org.