Social JusticeMS-B1805Hamline University1536 Hewitt AvenueSaint Paul, MN 55104
Earl SchwartzAssistant Professor651firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Students completing Social Justice courses will become familiar with current social inequities and proposed approaches to their remediation and/or resolution. University Outcome: apply theories and methods of a field or expertise.
2) Students who complete the Social Justice major or minor will demonstrate an understanding of the distinct roles social science, historical knowledge, social theory, culture and ethics play in the development of an informed approach to social justice. University Outcome: solve problems in innovative integrative, analytical, and ethical ways.
3) Students who complete the Social Justice major will demonstrate a working knowledge of social scientific tools pertinent to the study of social structure and change. University Outcome: use information and technology competently and responsibly.
4) Students who complete the Social Justice major will demonstrate familiarity with social justice theories and movements drawn from a variety of geographic settings. University Outcome: work and create understanding across cultural difference locally, nationally, and internationally.
5) Students who complete the Social Justice major will demonstrate proficiency in communication skills, including but not limited to writing and speaking skills, that can be used to describe social conditions and advocate for their improvement. University Outcome: communicate effectively in writing and in speaking.
6) Students who complete the Social Justice major will demonstrate significant expertise in an area of concentration that can serve as a basis for continued vocational development. University Outcome: engage independently and reflectively in lifelong learning; apply the theories and methods of a field of expertise.
7) Students who complete the Social Justice major will gain significant practical experience doing social justice service and/or advocacy work. University Outcome: serve collaborate and lead in a community.
Academic Calendars Graduation Requirements Class Schedule Study Abroad Academic Advising Collaborative Research Departmental HonorsCenter for Academic ServicesAAC Request for Action Form
Internships and Employment
© 2013 Hamline University
1536 Hewitt Avenue - Saint Paul, MN 55104-1284