• Courses and Registration

    Courses & Registration

    Registration News:


    MFA & MALS
    Registration is via Piperline for regular courses, or use Special Registration forms (below) for Capstone, Independent Study, etc. Piperline registration opens at 7 am.

    NOTE: See "Tips for Successful Registration" (below) before logging into Piperline to register.

    MFA in Writing for Children & Young Adults
    Registration is via Piperline for Residency and Semester work.
    NOTE: see MFAC Registration for more information.

    Undergraduate Creative Writing (BFA)
    Follow undergraduate registration instructions from Registration & Records.


    "Special registrations" are typically independent-style work and require a paper form with designated approvals/signatures. Special Registrations include: Independent or Individualized Study, Internship, and Capstone work (Thesis, Synthesis, Proseminar).

    Thesis, Synthesis, Proseminar registration forms are part of the Graduation Requirements. Please read instructions carefully, taking note of all deadlines.

    Independent Study Registration Form
    Apply to pursue an area of study not covered by the established curriculum.

    Individualized Study Registration Form

    If a class is not offered during the term the student needs to take it, students may take the class on an individual study basis with instructor permission. Instructors work individually with students to complete the coursework.

    Internship Registration Form
    Please visit the Internship page for more information before registering.

    Cross-School/Cross-Program Registration 
    Complete this form to register for a course outside of your school or program.

    Degree & Additional Licensure Add/Drop/Withdrawa

    Tips for Successful Registration:

    • Start by checking the Official Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines. Pay close attention to listed deadlines in order to avoid late fees or class cancellations.
    • Before logging in to the secure area of Piperline to register, browse courses and get your course numbers from the "Course Listing" (from the Logins button up top).   
    • If the class you want is closed/full, please register for another course. Monitor enrollment daily in your primary course choice to see if a spot opens up. If so, change your registration.
    • Online registration closes the day before the start of the term. You may still register or drop a class after that time, however changes cannot be made online and a late fee is applied.
    • Contact Student Administrative Services for questions about registration or student finances. Call 651-523-3000 or visit SAS online
    • Still have questions? Email The CWP office.