• Political Science Student - Lesley Kandaras

    Political Science Major 3-3 Program

    Visit the Political Science Major page >

    Candidates for early admission to Hamline University School of Law (HUSL) must:

    1. Submit a Declaration of Political Science Major and Law School Early Admission (LSEA) minor form as soon as possible. You will need a Political Science and Legal Studies Department advisor.

    2. Complete the four LSEA minor classes below by the end of your junior year.

    3. Complete fifth LSEA minor class LAW 9121 Contracts by the end of your first year at HUSL.

    4. Complete all Hamline Plan requirements and 100 semester credits by the end of your junior year. 

    5. Complete 32 breadth of study credits (credits outside the major department) bye the end of your junior year.

    6. File your intent to graduate form by December of your junior year.

    7. Apply to HUSL during junior year. Application should be completed no later than March

    8. Sit for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and complete the application process to Hamline Law School through the Law School Admission Council  (LSAC) during junior year. Materials and scholarship applications are also available on the LSAC website and at the law school.

    Major Requirements

    First Year Fall
    PSCI 1110 (G, S)

    First Year Spring
    PSCI 1430 (I)

    Sophomore Fall
    A 3000 level comparative politics or internal relations course, and/or PSCI 1500 (S) or PSCI 3030 (S)

    Sophomore J-Term
    Political Science elective

    Sophomore Spring
    PSCI 3540 (C, S)
    PSCI 3630 (T)

    Junior Fall
    A 3000 level comparative politics or internal relations course, and/or PSCI 1500 (s) or PSCI 3030 (S)
    PSCI 5000 (Q, T)

    Junior J-Term
    Political Science elective

    Junior Spring
    A 3000 level elective

    Continuation After The Junior Year

    To continue in the 3-3 Program after the junior year, the student must be accepted for regular admission by HUSL. Upon successful completion of 28 credits of law school course work,(C- or better grades) the undergraduate degree will be conferred. If a student is not accepted into HUSL after their junior year, the student returns to the CLA to finish their degree and a minor other than LSEA or convert their LSEA minor into a LGST major.

    Transfer Students

    Transfer students are eligible and must in addition to the requirements set forth above, take a minimum of sixteen (16) credits in the major while enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts.