1536 Hewitt Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55104-1284 U.S.A.
The Blue Garden was established in 2004 by women of the Hamline community in honor of Sue Osnes, wife of former president Larry Osnes, and in memory of their daughter, Tami Sue (1966-1972). The Blue Garden, named for Tami Sue’s favorite color, is planted with perennial flowers in shades of blue.
Tucked in the center of campus, the garden’s perfect-circle shape evokes the continuing circle of life and growth, crossed with paths to symbolize choices made or roads yet to be taken. The garden symbolizes Hamline’s commitment that we become persons we are meant to be, and that we learn what we are meant to learn.
< Back to the map
© 2013 Hamline University
1536 Hewitt Avenue - Saint Paul, MN 55104-1284