• Grants and Scholarships for Master and Doctorate Students

    Minnesota GI Bill

    The Minnesota GI Bill provides financial assistance to Minnesota veterans and service members who served on or after September 11, 2001. Full-time undergraduate or graduate students may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 per term and part-time students can receive up to $500 per term. A one-page online application for the Minnesota GI Bill is available at www.ohe.state.mn.us/military. More information is also available by calling the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at 651-642-0675 or by contacting a regional representative of the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs.  

    Federal TEACH Grant

    The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides up to $4,000 per year in grants to graduate and undergraduate students who intend to teach full-time in high-need subject areas for at least four years at schools that serve students from low-income families. Students enrolled in TEACH Grant-approved programs may receive up to $16,000 for undergraduate study and up to $8,000 for graduate study.

    Please note: If you fail to meet the 4-year teaching obligation within 8 years of completing or ceasing your degree program, your grant will convert to an unsubsidized Stafford loan. This loan will have to be repaid with interest accrued from the date the grant funds were first disbursed. 

    Visit the TEACH Grant website for more information about the TEACH Grant Program.

    View and print Hamline University’s TEACH Grant Application at www.hamline.edu/faforms.

    Outside Scholarships, Grants, and Resources

    Including Vocational Rehab, Veterans benefits, AmeriCorps, and employer reimbursement.

    All outside scholarships, grants, and resources you receive must be reported to the Office of Financial Aid at finaid@hamline.edu. Once Hamline University receives the outside scholarship or grant money, it is applied to your student account. If the term has not yet begun, the funds are held until they can be applied. Outside grants may reduce the self-help portion of your financial aid award.

    Award Letter Changes/Revisions

    In the event that we receive new or additional information including, but not limited to housing, outside funding, or enrollment, your financial aid is subject to change. Please be aware that all financial aid award letter changes/revisions will be sent to you electronically. An email will be sent to your Hamline account that will instruct you to log into Piperline to review your revised award. If at any time you would like a paper copy of your financial aid award, you may request one from the Office of Financial Aid at finaid@hamline.edu.

  • Enrollment Status - Master and Doctorate

    Half-time*: At least 4 credits per semester.

    Full-time: At least 8 credits per semester.

     *Half-time status is a requirement for all federal and some alternative student loans.