Blackboard Outcomes – Using a Course Rubric
Hamline University uses Blackboard Outcomes for program-assessment purposes. You may be asked to use an assignment in a course you are teaching to be evaluated i.e. to ensure that students are achieving objectives laid out by the department/program. This could mean using a course rubric for evaluation, which most likely, will have been sent to you by the chair. Details on Blackboard rubrics, including videos, can be found on the Blackboard web site: http://bit.ly/BBrubric
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course in question.
- Go to Control Panel>Grade Center>Full Grade Center.
- Find the column associated with the assignment. Mouse over a cell that contains an "exclamation point" icon until a gray circle appears to the right.
- Click on the gray circle and choose the Attempt DATE menu option.
- Click on the Rubric button.
- In the new window, click in the appropriate cells for evaluation. Add feedback if necessary.
- Click on the Save button.
- Repeat for each student.
For help, contact the ITS Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-523-2220