Blackboard Outcomes - Aligning Goals to Assignments
Hamline University uses Blackboard Outcomes for program-assessment purposes. You may be asked to use an assignment in a course you are teaching to be evaluated i.e. to ensure that students are achieving objectives laid out by the department/program. This could be your only involvement with the entire evaluation process unless instructed by a department or program chair. Your task in the process, at a minimum, is to align an outcome goal to a Blackboard assignment.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course in question.
- Navigate to your assignment. If need be, turn the bookmark over to learn how to create an assignment.
- Mouse over the assignment until a gray circle appears to the right of the assignment title.
- Click on the gray circle and choose the Add Alignments menu option.
- In the next window, use the criteria on the left side of the window to find the outcome goal you were instructed to add. The goals will be associated with the department/program.
- Check the box to the left of the goal and then click on the Submit button.
- Repeat if necessary.
For help, contact the ITS Help Desk, email@example.com or 651-523-2220