Blackboard Outcomes - Creating an Assignment
Hamline University uses Blackboard Outcomes for program-assessment purposes. You may be asked to use an assignment in a course you are teaching to be evaluated i.e. to ensure that students are achieving objectives laid out by the department/program. This could be your only involvement with the entire evaluation process unless instructed by a department or program chair. Your task in the process, at a minimum, is to align an outcome goal to a Blackboard assignment.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course in question.
- Click on the Assignments folder.
- Mouse over the Assessments menu and then choose Assignment.
- Name the assignment and provide instructions on the task.
- Input Points Possible or add a grading rubric if instructed (http://bit.ly/BBrubric).
- Modify the Availability settings and add a Due Date if necessary. Please allow for a Single submission attempt.
- Click on the Submit button.
Next Step: Learn how to align a goal to the assignment.
For help, contact the ITS Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-523-2220